The Crystal Sslugs of the Test

This is the aesthetic centre of the Gardens. Here, great animals roam freely; here, the artworks and monuments of every culture are arranged. It is the most stunning neutral territory. Gnarly nighttwists, elegant yellow musk creepers, strong assassin vines, beautiful rare and Steep herbs, all grow here in attractive proportions. Each is laced with just a touch of magic frost which enables it to survive in the adamas-rich, strong-smelling soil.

Re: The Crystal Sslugs of the Test

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:06 pm

"That may not necessarily be true. The sslugs are beings that are composed of data; data in its hardware form, anyway. As I understand it, each cell contains adaptive programming that not only defines the sslugs' actions, but their physical shapes as well. They may be easier to transmit than most other creatures."
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Great Thrash » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Hm. The Sslugs' physical bodies are already direct representations of data, though. Maybe something could be done. I don't know enough about it.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:19 pm

"It's dependent on the properties of the HELRIDE. I wish to know more about this system; how does it represent that data. In a purely ethereal form? In volts of electricity? In chemicals? In temperatures? I know of many ways to do these things, but when it comes to the Steep Artifacts, the possibilities open up still farther."
Yerkan of Elish

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 pm

I create an illusion designed to be obvious to creatures with minds, but highly misleading to those without. This tricks all known senses, but does very little to bypass the logic of sentient beings, meaning that anyone else will be able to see past the magic. The spell will simply misdirect the sslugs, providing us with defense and clearer shots at weaker angles.
Yerkan of Elish

Postby Diamond Master » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:21 pm

STEEPEST DURIN vs OSIS
Tier: Steepest vs Steepest
Domain: Crafting 4 vs Destruction 4
Weakness: None vs Mindless
Equipment: Field Projector vs Withering Eyes
Circumstance: Home Field Advantage vs Captive
Spell: Illusions, programs vs None
Allies: The Council, AIiCE vs 2 additional Sslugs
Insight: Their Strength Against Them vs None
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation
Weakness: None

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:33 am

How do we seem to be faring against the sslugs? Every blow that they lash out at me shall be multiplied in illusion. To all senses, they will seem to be striking out against the world and tearing great rifts in it, shattering the garden, spilling blood from the Gods, even rending the Hypercone Tree. This will be to continue our preparations against Ravana.

"Trickster! To outward appearances our world seems to be dying, but to inward ones it still thrives, it is still dominated by significant forces of Law. I give you the lands surrounding my studiolo. Work what chaos you will - make the landing place of Ravana seem to be defeated."
Yerkan of Elish

Postby Great Thrash » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:25 pm

I will bravely risk my own life to remove the withering eyes from our target.

I borrow @Steepest Durin 's gauntlets if they can be fitted to me.

I stride up to the Sslug screaming "Haven't you done enough?!" and yank those eyes right out of the flesh.

I sprint away and dive into a magma pool with the eyes, where they can be hidden at least temporarily.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Diamond Master » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:32 am

Mix returns to the Watchtower. There is a brief flash of light from within, then Mix returns. Spears of light leap from its eyestalks in among the withering beams to strike down scenery and ally of the Council. Its eyestalks render a 3D, transparent blueprint of a threshing gear, then a phenomenally large set springs into existence among the allies and begin to grind through their ranks.

The Sslug is creating dangers directly from Eitr stores the Sslugs have absorbed.

Thrash manages to yank the eyestalks from Osis, who has begun slamming against the walls of its prison. However, he does not make it to the magma pool without being exposed to danger from Amatin, raining down frost from above, supplemented by Eitr from the new bargain between Mix and the Diamond Master.

There is potential to destroy the Sslugs fairly thoroughly, if things go well. However, the chaos of the Sslug's nature and even the weapons within the Council's hands mean that nearly everyone who has acted against the Sslugs is at risk.

If the Sslugs win their roll, everyone involved will need to make a defensive roll at that time.

Meanwhile, @Steepest Durin may roll as he aims to defeat the Sslugs, supported by the offensives capabilities of Thrash, those who have worked on the Field Projector's power, and the tricks of the Council.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Diamond Master » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:54 am

Yerkan of Elish wrote:"Trickster! To outward appearances our world seems to be dying, but to inward ones it still thrives, it is still dominated by significant forces of Law. I give you the lands surrounding my studiolo. Work what chaos you will - make the landing place of Ravana seem to be defeated."

Chuckles and malevolent sniggers rebound about the arena where this epic battle takes place.

"A kind invitation! The fox is really in among the henhouse now! Or, I should say, the wolf is really in among the sheep."

The trickster appears briefly: Acorn cap, monkey face, furry, catlike body, hump of alien technology on his back. Flames billow from his cap and his hands. He closes one eye, squinting, and draws his finger along the glade scene in front of him. A thick chasm scores the earth where his finger must appear to pass to him.

"You ask for this place to seem defeated. I suspect it soon will be, in truth. I suspect you had a different sort of chaos in mind, but a job worth doing is worth doing well, don't you think?"

A tiny globe representing the Studiolo appears in his palm, wreathed in flames.

The studio shivers in two. Wind rushes in and puts out the torch, but sprays sparks everywhere. Books are torn open and their pages scattered. Many are burned irreparably.

Trees fall, one crashing directly through the roof. The chasm multiplies, sending deep trenches that seem to reach into the heart of the land to surround the Studiolo.

He mimes putting the globe in his pocket, and it disappears. "Easy come, easy go," he jeers, and leaves to help the Sslugs tear up the Garden.

The Studiolo of Yerkan has been closed.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:38 am

"Ahh, excellent. Thank you, kind sir." I bow to the Trickster as he leaves. "That is exactly what I needed you to do. Ravana will never suspect that I of all people, would allow knowledge to burn. I'm almost offended that you think that's not quite what I wanted. What better chaos could there be?

"In any case, I suppose I shall allow the sslugs to work a little more. There're getting quite boring, but they might be able to rend a few more statues or something. I'd love to burst 'em, but the sight of exploded sslug probably seems a bit too much like success on our part... Ravana would be quite angry, destroy us all and just about everything here in a second. Or, if I guess correctly, over many exciting, torturous years. Exciting in the bad way, of course."

I sigh. "Chaos and illusion cost a heavy price." My hand trembles oddly, the mercurial blood pumping poison through it.
Yerkan of Elish

PreviousNext

Return to The Frosted Arboretum