The Crystal Sslugs of the Test

This is the aesthetic centre of the Gardens. Here, great animals roam freely; here, the artworks and monuments of every culture are arranged. It is the most stunning neutral territory. Gnarly nighttwists, elegant yellow musk creepers, strong assassin vines, beautiful rare and Steep herbs, all grow here in attractive proportions. Each is laced with just a touch of magic frost which enables it to survive in the adamas-rich, strong-smelling soil.

Re: The Crystal Sslugs of the Test

Postby Steepest Durin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 pm

As th' Sslug near th' trap, I give it a final shove with I's gauntleted hand. Then I slide th' bolts home an' th' automatic security systems activate. A whining noise fills th' air an' steam rises from th' workings. Everyone nearby feels th' tingle of the electromagnetic field, an' knows that ta touch this wall would mean their technomagically-assured death.

Then I slide the single tiny viewin' panel aside ta see what's happenin'. Thrash, I've provided an autocannon gravduct for yer magma blasts.
Steepest Durin

Statistics: Tier: Steepest God (Crown Tier)
Domains: Crafting 4
Weakness: None
Artifacts: Giant's Gauntlet, Council Portal, Field Projector
Motto: An' I will Endure.

Postby Diamond Master » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:38 am

STEEPEST DURIN VS THE CRYSTAL SSLUGS

Tier: Steepest vs Steepest
Domain: Crafting vs Destruction
Weakness: None vs Mindless
Equipment: Giant's Gauntlet, Field Projector, Durin's Palace vs Withering Eye Implants
Circumstance: Got 'Em Penned In vs none
Spell: Illusions and Imprisonments vs none
Allies: The Council vs 2x Sslugs, the Flying Citadel
Insight: Giant's Knowledge vs Guidance from Afar

No die roll is needed; these slots are sufficient to imprison.

The Sslug of Temptation is herded into the palace prison, where it continues its mindless sketching. Again, that is:
trail12.jpg

The Sslug of Frost focuses its attention on Durin, however. It had paused for a moment and refused to go within the boundaries of the palace, as if listening to instructions. From one eye implant, a fully spec'd readout of Durin's former palace structure appears. With a few well-placed blasts, the supports directly under Durin are removed with surgical precision, and Amatin dives after the falling dwarf lord on magical wings. Blasts of fire and frost rain down, and it slides its withering gaze in attempt to lock with Durin's own sight...

The Citadel moves its ballistas to cover Durin's allies.

AMATIN VS STEEPEST DURIN

Tier: Steepest vs Steepest
Domain: Destruction vs Crafting
Weakness: None vs [Attached by Favor]
Equipment: Withering Eye Implants vs Giant's Gauntlet
Circumstance: Aerial Advantage vs Falling
Spell: [Filled by Favor] vs None
Allies: The Flying Citadel vs As Yet Undeclared
Insight: [Filled by Favor] vs None

The Diamond Watchtower fairly glows as Favor is exchanged rapidly. Amatin presses this advantage for all it is worth. Scores of attacks crisscross Durin's body. In turn, he attempts to fend them off with his gauntlet.

Durin, please roll a die for your defense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Statistics: Tier: Metagod (Unblemished Tier)
Domains: Creation

Postby Yerkan of Elish » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:44 am

I give the spec'd readout a spin, stopping it at a random point and confusing the sslug's sense of direction.
enuma eliš la nabuú šámamu
šapliš ammatum šuma la zakrat
gipara la kiissuru susaa la she'uú
enuma dingir dingir la šupuu manama
Yerkan of Elish

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Knowledge 3, Poison 3, Illusion 2, Travel 2
Affiliated Worlds: Thrash, Rivenrock
Artifacts: the Loupe Estoc, the Hailstone Mirror, the Gem of Nehalennia
Motto: Always one more world

Postby Diamond Master » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:29 am

The hologram quickly returns to its former state: this part of the Sslug, this implant, is not so easily fooled.
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby Great Thrash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:57 am

I'll leave the Sslug in the trap alone for now. Instead I stretch myself up, krack my knuckles, and reach down deep into the earth to its veins of fire, which I hurl at Amatin.
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Great Thrash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:25 am

AIiCE, Durin, and Yerkan - now would be an awesome time to try AIiCE idea about another shot at the virus. We've got one pinned down and another trying to kill us - let's try to redirect that! If Durin can get the Field Projector working again, that is.

I've been thinking back about what we've accomplished - Durin's home here seems like the last bulwark of defense. The Garden as a whole was pretty much toast before they came up against this Steepness. We've got this blaze of unopposed destruction pointing to right here, then some virgin Garden beyond. It stops here, everyone!!
Great Thrash

Statistics: Tier: Worldcrafter (Bezel Tier)
Domains: Earth 4, Fire 2, Strength 1
Weakness: One
Affiliated Campaigns: Thrash
Artifacts: Leash of Nehalennia

Postby Volatilus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Amatin! The Frost slug! Perhaps that is the answer to the riddle you seek? None the less this is the time for the Alwilda's fangs to shine. Witness the raw strength of Alwida! 20 favor will go into the construction of a massive gateway centered amongst a grove of super sized plants with snapping jaws and acidic bile that spring forth from the ground in a rush. The grove as massive as the gateway that seems to devour the sky with its height. Constructed out of the very facet, it shimmers with the brilliance of magnificent gems that reflect light and lend it strength.

Lets see how these sslugs fair against the finest Alwilda has to offer! Standing before the gate that dwarfs Volatilus in man form he thrusts his magical spear into the opening, activating it and opening a direct link from similar gates dotting the most savage places of Alwilda. Poised to mount the largest beast that enters. "A Bronothereum, Baloth, or a Super mammoth? The most eager will suffice!" Volatilus coordinates his beasts already on this plane to focus attack on Amatin and citadel, either by wing or paw. Volatilus by fang and claw to assist Durin!
Volatilus

Statistics: Tier: Campaign God (Pavilion Tier)
Domains: Hunt 2, Carnivorous Beasts 3, Carnivorous Plants 2
Artifacts: Dragonbreath Spear, Gate of Savage Beasts
Motto: By fang and claw!

Postby Diamond Master » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 am

"No, not Amatin!" the furry creature says. You hear his voice coming not only from his crumbling prison but from hollows in the Frozen Ocean. "Not the entropy insects, either! You're getting further off track."
Diamond Master
Site Admin

Postby AIiCE » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:51 pm

I will inspect these eyestalks if I can do it without putting myself in danger. I want to know whether the sslugs are in complete control of them. I will also look for clues about how sslugs get their orders.
AIiCE

Statistics: Tier: Hero Deity (Inclusion Tier)
Domains: Electronics 1, Speed 1
Artifacts: The Metaphysical Key, the HELRIDE system

Postby Diamond Master » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Spoiler: show
The Sslugs roll 19
Steepest Durin rolls 10

Successful non-fatal attack, last-minute save by Durin

Durin is hit with the full force of the Withering Gaze. His own eyes are shrunken and shriveled within unbearably dry sockets. Blindly, he gropes about, but a blast of fire and ice from Amatin burns a hole in his armor through to his sternum. He groans and scrabbles at the ground where he's fallen. Maddening hallucinations fly through his mind while his sight has vanished. He sees schizophrenic visions of fractal tigers, grasping arms, diseased limbs, skittering crustaceans: a kaleidoscope landscape of hideous psychological witherings penetrating his mind.

How can Durin escape, incapacitated and pained as he is?
Diamond Master
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Frosted Arboretum